FDSWF 4th of July Parade
July 4 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
What better way to advocate for Down Syndrome and Special Needs community than with a parade? Let’s show our Down Syndrome pride in the Brandon 4th of July Parade!
PLEASE RSVP TO THIS EVENT HERE ON FACEBOOK OR SEND YOUR RSVP TO INFO@FRIENDSSUPPORT.ORG. GIVE US YOUR NAME/T-SHIRT SIZE.
FDSWF 4th of July t-shirts will be distributed to adults/children who have RSVP’d and signed up to receive the shirts. We do have a few extras that will be given out on a “first come first serve” basis.
- Parking: TBD
- If you did not sign up for a t-shirt, please wear a 4th of July shirt. Have the kids dress up as their favorite superhero as our theme for the parade is “Be a Superhero”.
- We are delighted that Costumers for a Cause will be walking with us in the parade.
- Adults walking alongside the float will be able to give out candy and brochures to the crowd. Please, NO water/squirt/soaker guns per HCSO, No glass bottles, no alcohol, no throwing candy/items from vehicles.
- FDSWF will have water on board the float. There is a bathroom on the float. We will try and put up a tent for shade, but bring an umbrella and wear sunscreen.
- Please arrive by 9am to help decorate the float. The parade will start at 10am and end around 1pm and will continue back to Burlington.
- If it is storming then the parade will be canceled.