- This event has passed.
ASD Adult Achievement Center – Career Success Shop
March 9 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Tues/Thurs March 9 – April 1.
This program has been designed to help you understand your skills, interests and values as you think about your future. It will help you to match your strengths to possible careers. You will follow a step-by-step process resulting in ideas, goals and actions. With the help of this Career Planning Guide, you can take charge of your life and successfully transition into the world of work.
Participants Will Learn:
• Matching skills, values, and interests
to possible careers
• Understanding strengths/weaknesses
in the workplace
• Creating a resume/cover letter
• Appropriate interview behavior
• Filling out a job application
• Managing employer contacts
• Conflict resolution in the workplace
• Navigating public transportation
• Understanding employer benefits
Program participants must be 18 or over, graduated from high school and motivated to participate.