Pathways For Life Academy’s small class sizes help your child achieve their goals by promoting structure, organization, and management skills through a therapy-based learning approach. Our teacher/therapists teach to the abilities of the individual learner and help to meet their unique needs.
The School Board’s Welcome
We are excited for the inaugural year of Pathways For Life Academy. There has been a great need in the West Orange Community for a distinctive program for Middle and High School students which incorporates core academics with real life application through a therapy-driven learning approach. In addition to an emphasis on life skills, our curriculum integrates social skills and executive functioning classes to create a course of study which builds independence, confidence, and success.
We are pleased to announce limited opening seats for this 2020-2021 school year. We have been working hard planning a unique schedule which reaches each student in the areas of academics, fundamental survival skills in life, and interpersonal communication and thinking.
What they offer at Pathways for Life Academy:
- Small class sizes
- Low student to teacher ratio
- Therapy-driven instruction
- Life, social, and executive functioning training
- Health and Fitness opportunities
- Excellent communication from school to home
- Guidance and learning through strengths and challenges
- Guidance and Fostering of Independence
- Encouragement of students to reach their highest potential
- Inclusion, acceptance, and grace
- Lessons/activities learned in the classroom setting which translate to community service opportunities
We can’t wait to get started and see all the great changes in each of our students this year!