Equally Fit is a fitness studio that specializes working with individuals with disabilities. Provides in studio and virtual training including one on one coaching. Contact us today for a free consultation!
A Personal Exercise Training Studio Dedicated to Improving the Lives of Individuals with Disabilities
Providing in-home based personal exercise training service to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Related Disorders.
About Owner/Head Trainer Mark Fleming; M.A.; C.P.T.; G.F.I.
- An adult with Autism
- Graduated from the University of Alabama with a Bachelors in Exercise Science in 2012, and then got a Masters in Human Performance in 2017 from University of Alabama
- Certified as a personal trainer since 2012, certified by the American Council on Exercise.
- Holds a group fitness instructor certification as well as a youth fitness specialty certification, a functional training specialty certification, and a weight management specialty certification.
- Designed fitness programs for individuals that were in transition programs while in college.
- Took part in a Town Hall Program by WEDU PBS called, Autism: A Breakthrough to Hope.
- Co-authored article in Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research Supplement from February titled Influence of Foam Rolling on Vertical Jump Performance.
- Worked with a collegiate national champion wheelchair basketball program while in college.
- Spent a year (Sept. 2015- Oct. 2016) working as a Behavior Assistant in the Applied Behavior Analysis field working with children on the Autism Spectrum.
- Volunteered/Coach for Special Olympics for three years, all athletes that made it to state got gold under his coaching.
- Holds both Healthcare Provider (CPR/AED) and First Aid Provider certifications from the American Heart Association.