BASIX-Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) – Home-Based
BASIX-Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) – Home-Based
JOB DESCRIPTION/ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Assists with the development and implementation of programs based on ABA techniques
- Conducts ABLLS-r, AFLS, VB-MAPP, ADOS-II, BLA, and other functional behavioral assessment (FBA) tools to evaluate and monitor client’s progress
- Develops and monitors individual treatment and behavior reduction plans
- Supervises direct care staff/residential habilitation specialists to ensure integrity of prescribed programming
- Trains new and supervises existing behavioral health technicians and paraprofessionals to ensure competence regarding client treatment plans
- Enters and monitors client progress on behavioral reduction and acquisition targets
- Works collaboratively with families to address family concerns and ensure successful implementation of programming
- Assists client in gaining independent functioning skills at home, in the community and at school
- Provides clinical supervision and consultation to supervising behavior analyst, direct care staff, and other providers supporting clients who exhibit moderate to severe behavioral disturbances
- Presents visual depiction of client’s progress during bi-monthly team meetings
- Conducts behavioral intervention trainings for ancillary providers, team members, parents, school officials, and per diem community members
- Supervises BCBA®, BCaBA®, and RBT® students/certificants as per BACB® requirements
- Ability to work with children and adolescents who may engage in disruptive behavior, such as tantrums, aggression, and self-injurious behavior (SIB)
- Experience supervising multiple levels of staff, providing exceptional and individualized field training for all staff, provide mentoring to
- Knowledge of conducting performance reviews and ongoing evaluations, individualized supervision style and communication to support a variety of learning styles and the ability to inspire, motivate, elevate and mentor individuals
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, extensive experience working with a wide variety of family systems, ability to participate and present clinical information
- Ability to provide positive feedback and constructive criticism, conduct staff interviews and reviews.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, extensive experience working with a wide variety of family systems, and ability to participate and present clinical information
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor utilizing solution based language
- Possesses exceptional collaboration skills with colleagues and superiors to meet individual and corporate goals.
- Provides direct, honest and respectful solutions, strategies and opinions when working with the executive staff.
- Excellent time management skills, experience managing relatively high caseloads and, on special projects, the display of exceptional teamwork skills
- Current BCBA® certification is required
- Masters degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, Psychology, Education or related field.
- 2-3 years experience and advanced training providing clinical supervision or case management in Applied Behavior Analysis (including traditional DTT & NET programs, familiarity with Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behavior; direct strategies; early intervention and natural environment teaching).
- Successful completion of a Level II security background registry check
- CPR, First Aid, and CPI/PCM or other crisis management training
- Possession of a valid Florida state driver’s license with an acceptable driving record and proof of vehicle insurance
- At least 5 years of experience working with adolescent or young adult populations with severe behavioral disorders and serious mental illnesses (SMI).
- Position requires field supervision and travel throughout Brevard County
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must complete and maintain certification in CPR, First Aid, and crisis management training (CPI/PCM), and all other training mandated by regulations
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have the ability and temperament to work effectively with adolescents and/or adults who have developmental disabilities
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Possess problem solving/decision making skills
- Commitment to BASIX Behavioral Health’s mission statement
- Active participation in company vendor events/charity events and community participation
- Completion of other duties as assigned
To apply visit BASIX-Behavioral Health Services to learn more.
See more about us in our Bright Feats Directory Listing.
« More careers