Camp Idlewild – Perfect Venue for Your Business Events & Activities
by Sherri Shuman, Camp Idlewild, Director of Operations and Development
Camp Idlewild of Florida
Our mission is to provide innovative camping programs adapted for children ages 6-17 with Autism Spectrum Disorders (including Asperger’s Syndrome), Sensory Processing Disorders, Down syndrome and Developmental Delays, which promote personal growth, challenge their abilities and help campers develop new skills in a fun and energizing environment.
Additionally we offer the perfect venue for family reunions, birthdays, showers, corporate retreats, scouting, camping, business expos, and much more. A family friendly venue, this location is an ideal choice for brides and grooms seeking on-site recreational activities and on-site lodging. Whether you are planning a grand event with all your family and friends or an intimate gathering with your closest loved ones, the Camp Idlewild makes your wedding day vision a reality.
Camp Idlewild of Florida is pleased to offer affordable all-inclusive packages include lodging, meals, a meeting space, and the many outdoor activities including waterfront activities, sports, nature exploration (hikes) and other recreational activities. Your group may be as active as you wish or take the opportunity to relax and enjoy the peacefulness of being away from the general hustle and bustle of everyday life!
Our brand new Camp facilities include the following:
- (4) Custom Built Cabins: with a capacity of 12 people per cabin
- Main Lodge: a 5,000+ square foot multi-purpose building that offers: a dining area, activity or conference room, beautiful gas fireplace, commercial kitchen, medical room for a Camp Nurse and a large screened-in porch on the back of the building.
- Large Gas Fire Ring: to provide hours of fun for campfires, s’mores and drum circles without the smoke.
- Outdoor Activity Pavilion and Sports Field: will provide a multi-purpose space for sports & games and other outside activities.
- 65 Acre Private Spring-Fed Lake: will provide the perfect place to enjoy fishing, canoeing, paddle boating, pontoon boat rides and a designated swimming area.
- Hammocks: several hammocks will sway under the shade of oak trees in the shade to provide a nice relaxing spot to read a book or enjoy the sounds of nature.
- (6) Full Hookup RV Sites: a unique feature for families who would like to schedule a family getaway or for rental groups to use during our off-season months throughout the year. Tent camping accommodations are also available.
Our hope is these retreat package options will help you as a retreat planner to provide the best experience possible for your group, while simplifying your work. Some groups wish to customize their experience and seek a combination of offerings not available as a standard option; we will certainly work with you to provide the event you desire. Come spend the day at Camp Idlewild or stay the entire week! Children four-years old and younger are always free.
Camp Idlewild is a nonprofit organization located in Land O Lakes, Florida. The camp is built on 140 private acres and is surrounded by Florida’s natural landscape of cypress trees and a private lake. This location provides the perfect setting to enjoy many outdoor activities while having a whole lot of fun!
We look forward to meeting you and your guests! For more information please visit our website at www.campidlewildofflorida.com or call our office and talk with one of our Directors (813)996-1226.
« More posts