At Bell Shoals Baptis Read more [...]
Programs at GiGi’s Playhouse offer foundational learning opportunities for individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community.
Goals for each GiGi’s Playhouse program:
- Create opportunities for parent networking and provide educational tools.
- Instill high expectations for each participant to follow program routines and to fully participate in planned activities.
- Motivate the child, parent and volunteers to give their “Best of All” in each program session.
- Deliver purposeful programming tailored for individuals with Down syndrome, to include structured routines, purposeful activity planning and an (engaging/fun/creative) environment for to foster development and encourage growth in individuals with Down syndrome.
- Provide specific, therapeutic or educational learning opportunities to support development of speech-language, social, and motor skills tailored to addressing the universal challenges of individuals with Down syndrome.
- Remove the barrier of cost for our participants by offering free programs.